12 september 2018
CI/CD Development Engineer
We are looking for a CI/CD Development Engineer for our client in the area of Eindhoven.
Location: Eindhoven area
Start date: asap
Period: 3 months with option to extend
Contract hours: fulltime
Our client is responsible for setting up CI/CD pipelines for one of her enterprise customers, to optimize the customer’s software product release flow. The product is an analytics and application platform which consists of various software components, including Hadoop and Mesosphere DC/OS. Artefacts are built using GiT, Bamboo and Maven. We are looking for a CI/CD engineer to help set up CI/CD pipelines using Ansible.
- Implementation of versioning mechanisms for microservices and Ansible playbooks.
- Create a continuous integration pipeline, including automated functional tests and regression tests.
- Create a continuous delivery pipeline, including automated builds and system tests.
- Integrate the CI/CD pipeline with an existing IT infrastructure pipeline (e.g. through webhooks).
- Design and implement an automated rolling upgrade mechanism for product releases.
- Work side-by-side with software engineers in optimizing the product release flow.
- Reports to the Project Manager, works in close harmony with team members and has interfaces with the standing customer product team.
You are well acquainted with the way of working of CI/CD. In addition, you have practical experience of being part of a DevOps team. Further requirements:
- Bachelor of science / Master degree in Computer Science, System Administration, or any other IT infrastructure or software related study.
- Minimal 2-3 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in automating/ building pipeline for CI/CD is required.
- Experience in a large-scale DevOps environment.
- Knowledge of development tools like GiT, Bamboo.
- Experience with automation tools like Ansible.
- Knowledge of DC/OS (Mesos/Marathon) and Maven.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good documenting capabilities.
- The candidate has a hands-on mindset, a strong customer- and problem-solving orientation, show fast results, and have demonstrated good communication skills, especially in an international IT organization. To achieve the project goals, candidate can liaise directly with all stakeholders. The candidate has a clear focus on results and quality.
We would like to receive the following information. These are the minimum requirements to the offer:
- A recently updated Curriculum Vitae (MS Word);
- Motivation to the offer;
- Information regarding the availability of your candidate;
- Hourly rate (excl. VAT, incl. expenses).
We are looking forward to receiving your offer.