11 september 2018
DevOps Engineer Datawarehouse
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer Datawarehouse for our client in the area of Amsterdam.
Start date: ASAP
Period: 3 months +
Availability: 40 hours negotiable
Our client delivers capabilities to store Operational IT management data from various monitoring and service management sources to provide analytics and insights for consumers. The solution is based on the Microsoft BI product suite and Datawarehouse technology.
You are an energetic Dev Engineer with a passion for IT Infrastructure and positive can-do mind-set. You are a team player working as a core member of a multidisciplinary and cross-functional squad with end-to-end responsibility. You are responsible for building new features and capabilities and take care of the availability of the service. Close collaboration within and across the squads and with the consumer is of utmost importance for you.
You´re never underestimating the Ops part of the work, your goal is to automate every task. In case of incidents and problems you’re eager to prevent or minimize costumer impact, at the same time you take the effort to step back and make sure it will never happen again.
You continuously strive to improve yourself and your colleagues in the DevOps way of working. You have a broad and diverse set of competencies that allow you to operate, maintain and test the standardized and highly automated infrastructure services of your squad, and that allow you to automate as much of the operating and maintenance work as possible.
Deliverables and responsibilities
You maintain consumable infrastructure services to the Infra NL consumers together with your squad and Infra Area. You are able to move all typical user stories and tasks from “To-Do” to “Done”. Especially you focus on:
1. Design and develop new Datawarehouse capabilities:
- Design and implement a Datawarehouse architecture based on principles that is resilient, high quality, highly automated and up-to-date.
- Design and implement new data integration packages (SSIS) and maintain current package.
- Automate all repetitive or error-prone operational activities.
- Work closely together with consumers of Datamart’s to understand the information needs.
2. Apply continuous delivery practices like:
- Manage all resources in version-controlled repositories (incl. code, scripts, configurations, artefacts, static resources).
- Refactor and reuse existing code/modules/functionality.
- Write fully automated tests (e.g., high availability, load testing, disaster recovery).
3. Apply and improve DevOps way of working like:
- Implement user stories from backlog as agreed with the Product Owner.
- Participate rigorously in DevOps rituals (e.g. daily stand-ups, sprint planning, sprint review, retrospective, peer reviews).
You have an extensive understanding of the full stack, tooling ecosystem, and consumer requirements. With your expertise in multiple coding/ scripting languages and tooling, you contribute to the squad’s mission of delivering high-quality consumable services. Furthermore, you have:
- Broad understanding and experience with Datawarehouse technologies and other big data store technologies, consumer needs and design aspects.
- Technical knowledge in detail: SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL. Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server, ASP.Net, Windows PowerShell, JSON, Power BI.
- Expertise in multiple coding/ scripting languages, PowerShell, TSQL, C#, and SSIS.
- Working-level knowledge of Agile and DevOps practices.
- Professional and intellectual IT ability at university level - at least BSc.
- Experience from working in high performing Agile IT teams.
- Track record of successfully automating operations of software products.
- Excellent command of spoken and written Dutch and English.
We would like to receive the following information. These are the minimum requirements to the offer:
- A recently updated Curriculum Vitae (MS Word);
- Information regarding the availability;
- Hourly rate (excl. VAT, incl. expenses).
We are looking forward to receiving your offer.