06 maart 2019
DevOps Engineer (Puppet)
Location: Eindhoven area
Start date: April 2019
Period: 3 months+
Availability: 32 - 40 hours (3 days at the office / 2 days at home)
Our client is responsible for the IT Operations team for IAAS and PAAS services. For this team we are looking for a DevOps engineer with specific understanding of automation tooling (Puppet). The operational team supports a standardized environment of appr 2000 VMs and 400 physicals. The DevOps engineer works in a project to set up the new Desired State (Puppet) environment and support (dev-ops) the provisioned instances. They should be familiar with an infra-as-code (CI/CD pipeline) way of working.
Deliverables and responsibilities
- Implement new Puppet modules in the environment.
- Support the deployment pipeline for new infra components.
- Act as a senior in the team and delegate work to junior/medior engineers.
- HBO+ or Academic level.
- Minimal 3-5 years of relevant work experience within an enterprise environment.
- Advanced knowledge of Puppet and experience in deploying/using this in an enterprise environment.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines (Buildkite, Jenkins, etc).
- Strong verbal communication skills (Dutch & English).
- Good administrative and documenting capabilities.
- The candidate is a skilled administrator (quality over speed) with hands-on mindset, showing fast results, and has demonstrated good communication skills; preferably in an IT operations environment.
The candidate will work in the project team at the customer and reports to the project manager. The candidate works with the current operations teams supporting the IT Infra and applications.
We would like to receive the following information. These are the minimum requirements to the offer:
- A recently updated Curriculum Vitae (MS Word);
- Information regarding the availability;
- Hourly rate (excl. VAT, incl. expenses).
We are looking forward to receiving your offer.