08 maart 2018
Network Security Engineer
We are looking for a Network Security Engineer for our client in the area of Eindhoven.
Start date: ASAP
Period: 3 months+
Availability: 40 hours negotiable
As part of the service delivery in Operations our client delivers consultancy services for application owners to design and document the network traffic flows for their applications. This design defines the traffic flows and firewall rule sets used to allow the application to communicate with other entities in the network. The Network Security Engineer works closely with the Customer’s IT Security department in defining and managing the network segregation in our Customer’s organization.
Deliverables and responsibilities
- Define and document the traffic between the several applications (servers) and users
- Interviewing application owners to determine traffic flow
- Troubleshoot application performance and connectivity
- Interface with the IT Security department to determine the correct implementation of the security rules
- HBO+ or Academic level, preferable IT education
- Minimal 3-5 years of relevant work experience in large IT organizations
- Experience with large enterprise networks, using different network zones, WAN and firewall solutions
- Experience in defining firewall rules, preferably with the Fortinet product lines, including FortiManager, FortiGate and FortiAnalyzer
- Experience with load balancing solutions on the Cisco ACE platform
- Good documenting and reporting capabilities
The candidate has a hands-on mindset, a strong customer- and problem solving orientation, shows fast results, and has demonstrated good communication skills, especially in an international IT organization. To achieve the project goals, the candidate is able to liaise directly with all stakeholders. The candidate has a clear focus on results and quality.
The Network Security Engineer reports to the eI(P)AAS service owner, works in close harmony with the other team members and Customer’s application teams and has interfaces with the IT security organization.
We would like to receive the following information. These are the minimum requirements to the offer:
- A recently updated Curriculum Vitae (MS Word);
- Information regarding the availability;
- Hourly rate (excl. VAT, incl. expenses).
We are looking forward to receiving your offer.