05 maart 2019
Start date: ASAP
Period: 3 months +
Availability: 36 hours
As an Ops Engineer you will be working in a small squad. Together with your squad you will be responsible for migrating existing COBOL and PL/I applications to a Mainframe emulation environment. You will join your squad in a OPS Engineering role, the rest of your squad consists of experienced engineers. Within the assignment you will have the opportunity to expand/broaden your knowledge of different technologies, software packages, etc.
Deliverables and responsibilities
Your main tasks will be:
- You coordinate and regulate the installation, stability and monitoring of (D) -T-A-P environments.
- You coordinate, and ensure, all risk controls for continuously deploy of the services.
- You give advice on, coordinate, and implement life cycle management activities.
- You ensure an efficient and effective handling incident -, configuration -, change management within your team.
- You actively participate in the Scrum process and in Continuous Delivery Engineering Practices. You will play a positive role with your DevOps team growing the experience and knowledge within your team.
- Participating in maintaining the Operational Control Dashboard.
- You are experienced in maintaining a Linux based stack.
- You are able to translate requests from your Product Owner and other stakeholders *the ‘what’) into working software solutions (the ‘how’).
- Willing to be part of the standby/incident schedule outside of business hours.
- You have excellent analytical skills, you are able to determine the impact of certain choices/decisions on your environment and together with your squad come up with the right course of action.
- (Administration of) Windows Server 2012/16.
- Active directory / LDS.
- Continuous delivery / Continuous integration tooling (TFS/GIT/Artifactory/Ansible/Jenkins).
- Microfocus Enterprise server.
- Monitoring with ELK, Graphite/Grafana.
- Scheduling software: Universal Automation Center (or similar).
- Test automation.
- Positive attitude
- Good social and communication skills
- Team player
- Strong analytical skills
- Innovative and out-of-the-box solution thinking
- Dutch and/or English speaking and writing skills
We would like to receive the following information. These are the minimum requirements to the offer:
- A recently updated Curriculum Vitae (MS Word);
- Information regarding the availability;
- Hourly rate (excl. VAT, incl. expenses).
We are looking forward to receiving your offer.