06 december 2018
Senior Linux Engineer
We are looking for a freelance Senior Linux Engineer for our client in Den Haag.
Location: Den Haag
Start date: asap
Period: 3 months with option to extend
Contract hours: fulltime
We are looking for a Senior Linux Engineer with a proven track record in building and maintaining large scale automated environments. The Engineer will support large Red Hat Enterprise Linux environments across the entire organization. He or she will also be involved in a large-scale automation and migration project. Assisting multiple software development teams with their move to a fully automated platform.
- Work with a team of five DevOps/Linux Engineers, in order to provide services that enable customers to effectively apply IT to business requirements, supporting the installation, optimization, integration, modification, troubleshooting, backup, recovery, security and upgrade of relevant IT systems and component.
- Being able to work with other senior staff to recommend and design systems architecture and propose topologies from both general and specific perspectives.
- Designing, implementing, and evaluating current and future infrastructure initiatives for the highest level of efficiency and performance.
- General Administration of Linux Environment: OS Installation, patching and upgrades, Mail/SMTP, Web (Apache, Tomcat), DNS, Proxy, Firewall (NAT, IP Tables, Packet Filter, IP Filter), LDAP, NFS, CIFS
- Strong system and network troubleshooting skills.
- Performing 2nd and 3rd level incident and problem diagnosis, troubleshooting and resolution.
- Designing and maintaining relevant documentation.
- Working closely with various IT groups such as database and VMware administration, network and security teams, application team, Project and Business Technology Management, and assisting in overall architectural design, implementation and troubleshooting
- Maintaining the stability of the infrastructure and application landscape by controlled change implementation.
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree.
- At least seven years' Linux systems administration experience, specifically in managing or supporting Red Hat and/or CentOS Linux in production environments.
- RHCE and ITIL Foundations certifications.
- Experience with provisioning of Linux guests in a VMware ESX environment, experience with NetApp Storage, NFS, or related technologies.
- Experience with management tooling like Kickstart, Foreman/Red Hat Satellite, Nagios.
- Experience with configuration management tools like CFEngine, Ansible (required) and Terraform.
- Experience with updating Red Hat 6 to 7 is nice to have.
- Version control systems: Real world experience with working with SVN or GIT.
- Experience with Gitlab and Gitlab CI/CD (creating pipelines, managing CI runners).
- Experience with building RPM packages.
- Strong knowledge of Tomcat and Apache.
- Strong focus on IT security.
- Knowledge of and large practical experience with ITIL.
- Skilled in a at least two typical scripting languages (bash, perl, python, ruby).
- Pervious working experience with AWS.
- Experience with JFrog Artifactory and Xray as well as Jenkins is considered a plus.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and be self-motivated.
- Ability to consult with the customer on business requirements.
- Excellent problem solving, multitasking, troubleshooting skills and attention to details are required to work in this challenging and dynamic environment.
- Very strong interpersonal, customer service, result oriented and team building skills are essential.
- Excellent communication skills – written, verbal, and presentation in English (required) and Dutch (preferred).
We would like to receive the following information. These are the minimum requirements to the offer:
- A recently updated Curriculum Vitae (MS Word);
- Motivation to the offer;
- Information regarding the availability of your candidate;
- Hourly rate (excl. VAT, incl. expenses).
We are looking forward to receiving your offer.