08 maart 2018
Senior NetApp Storage Engineer
We are looking for a Senior NetApp Storage Engineer for our client in the area of Eindhoven.
Start date: ASAP
Period: 3 months+
Availability: 40 hours negotiable
Our client is responsible for daily operations of the infrastructure platform for one of its key customers. This platform consists of an infrastructure-as-a-service, a platform-as-a-service and an application storage service. For the daily operational team we are looking for a NetApp storage engineer to lead the daily operations. The storage engineer is responsible for third line management of the storage environment (50+ NetApp FAS controllers, 7 x 24 global environment).
Deliverables and responsibilities
- Management of storage environment: patching, daily checks, backup (SnapVault)
- Solving incidents, standard changes and problems within SLA
- Ability to work individually on large changes and creating technical run books
- Supporting other engineers in troubleshooting platform wide incidents and changes
- Experience as a Storage engineer in Global IT support organizations
- Experience with Data ONTAP Cluster-mode (must-have)
- Advanced knowledge of NetApp storage solutions (FAS, Snap-products, OnCommand suite, E(F) Series controllers, SolidFire)
- Advanced knowledge in supporting storage solutions for UNIX / Linux environments
- Required to run stand-by shifts and work in change weekends
- Strong verbal communication skills (English, Dutch)
Preferably NCDA (cDOT) certification and knowledge of:
- NetApp Snapmanager, OnCommand Unified Manager, OnCommand Insight
- Backup software, such as EMC Networker, Rubrik
- NetApp SolidFire
- IT infrastructure components being: Cisco compute (FlexPod), VMware ESXi
- Powershell, Puppet, Ansible and Splunk
The candidate is a skilled administrator with hands-on mindset, showing fast results, and has demonstrated good communication skills; especially in a global operational environment with Indian counterparts.
Reports to the manager enterprise-IAAS, works in close harmony with IAAS team members and interfaces with other global support teams.
We would like to receive the following information. These are the minimum requirements to the offer:
- A recently updated Curriculum Vitae (MS Word);
- Information regarding the availability;
- Hourly rate (excl. VAT, incl. expenses).
We are looking forward to receiving your offer.