26 april 2019
Senior Network Specialist
Location: Amsterdam, Utrecht (70%) and Apeldoorn area
Start date: asap
Period: 3 months+
Availability: 32 - 40 hours
Our client is for one of its customers migrating their primary datacenter to a new datacenter. Their current datacenter will be completely dismantled, thus the migration entails migrating all their services including its related compute, storage, internal netwerk, WAN connections, etc. The migration (including decommissioning of the old datacenter) needs to be completed by the end of 2020. The customer asked our client to help startup this project by analyzing all (logical) components, define migration strategies and configure migration setups for VM’s and BM’s.
Deliverables and responsibilities
- High level analysis of the total network environment;
- Detailed analysis on a specific network environment;
- Executes network changes to enable VM & BM migrations;
- Network migration plan/approach for the firewalls and load balancers from the old datacenter to the new datacenter;
- Identifying all types of external connections to the datacenter and determine the migration approach.
- HBO+ or Academic level, preferable IT education;
- Minimal 3-5 years of relevant work experience in large IT organizations;
- Experience with large enterprise networks, using different network zones, WAN, firewall and loadbalancer solutions;
- Fortigate, Cisco, Radware;
- Migration approaches;
- Preferred certificates: CCDE (Cisco Certified Design Expert) & CCAr (Cisco Certified Architect);
- High level knowledge of other IT areas (e.g. applications, compute, storage);
- Good documenting and reporting capabilities.
- The candidate is a skilled administrator (quality over speed) with hands-on mindset, showing fast results, and has demonstrated good communication skills; preferably in an IT operations environment.
The network consultant reports to the project manager and works in close harmony with the project team and several teams of the customer. Connectivity team members of the customer.
We would like to receive the following information. These are the minimum requirements to the offer:
- A recently updated Curriculum Vitae (MS Word);
- Information regarding the availability;
- Hourly rate (excl. VAT, incl. expenses).