We are looking for a freelance System Engineer for our client in the area of Amsterdam.
Start date: ASAP
Period: 6 months +
Availability: 40 hours negotiable
Our client is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Linux engineer to strengthen the current Linux/Unix team in executing project and various operational activities.
The Linux team is continuously improving the current infrastructure landscape by increased automation and use of new technologies. Besides that your activities will support the team in building and expanding (new) platforms (e.g. Docker, Elasticstack, etc.) and the use of (public) Clouds. You love change and have experience working closely together with Developers.
Minimum of 3-5 years of practical experience as Linux admin/engineer.
Proven knowledge and experience in:
- In-depth knowledge op Linux (Debian, Red Hat and/or derivatives) is important;
- Good knowledge of shell scripting (Bash, Perl, Php);
- Hands-on experience with Puppet and Git for config management;
- Services: Apache, Tomcat, Bind, Unbound, DHCP, MySQL, Percona XtraDB Cluster, Elasticstack, Logstash
- Security: Kerberos, LDAP, Radius, Linux ACLs;
- General but good understanding of networking (Firewalls, Load balancers, routing);
- Preferably experience with Cloud products like Azure, Amazon AWS, etc;
- Preferably experience and/or enthusiastic with Docker Swarm or similar, Grafana, Prometheus, etc.;
- Bonus: hands-on experience with SAN storage platforms/configurations (LUN’s, WWN’s, multipath, LVM, etc.) and storage management in general;
- Good communications in English and preferably Dutch.
We would like to receive the following information. These are the minimum requirements to the offer:
• A recently updated Curriculum Vitae (MS Word);
• Information regarding the availability;
• Hourly rate (excl. VAT, incl. expenses).
We are looking forward to receiving your offer.